Tile is a beautiful addition to any home or business. It is a practical, enduring asset that adds value and usefulness to a building. But putting the tile on the surface is the last step in a series that should include careful preparation so that tile has a good foundation and can go on logically.
It is a good idea, when looking at our tile selections, to ask our experts what kind of preparation will be best for that particular type of tile. In every case, however, there are some basics:
- plan every detail — you don’t want to rip out a beautiful tiled backsplash in the kitchen to install the outlets the building inspector requires for an occupancy permit
- wiring and plumbing should be in place and planned with all contractors and subcontractors — it’s easier to move a drain when plumbing than work around it when tiling
- framing should be level and adequate for the project — and slanted around drains, windowsills, etc.
- make sure you understand how your tile is measured — does it include grout?
- the time to change the size of your tile is before the project is framed for that size — openings look better when the tile meets the edge correctly
Come into our showroom and look at all the selections. Each one of the mosaic, ceramic, porcelain, and stone tiles displayed will do best when installed correctly and look beautiful for decades, adding value to your Montreal home. We have over 40 years of experience helping homeowners and contractors add the value and beauty of tile to Quebec. Contact us today to plan an appointment with an expert who will help your tile project be one you love.