In the tile industry, an eye is always kept on the future because eventually there will be a demand for the latest in tile surfaces for a home or business near our Montreal stores. Therefore, we keep the classics that always are in style, but we also will give you a glimpse of the possibilities you might be interested in.
In 2014, there are a variety of predicted trends in tile:
- plain tumbled stone backsplashes are losing popularity but can be updated with decorative elements like a glass mosaic border or detail
- glass tile continues to be a popular choice for kitchen backsplashes
- textured tiles that look like wood, brick, and concrete are going to be seen in urban, industrial decor
- expect to see a reblooming of Art Deco, Avant-Garde, and Modern looks
- reflective shimmers, metallic or glass, will continue to be popular
- unique looks like graffiti and graphic art are being shown in tile
- the trend for minimalism will continue to be expressed in larger tiles with little visible grout
- there will be an interest in unusually shaped tiles, including molded details on the surface
Éco Dépôt Céramique has been staying on top of the trends in tile for decades. This means that when you visit our showrooms you will see the past, present, and future of tiling choices. We can help you with a classic tile that has been popular for centuries, a tile that suits your needs today, or the tiling project that will take your home or business into the future with cutting-edge style.