Yesterday, we talked about different floor tiles and which ones last longer. Today, I’d like to go through the list of floor tiles that last up to 50 years. There are several, and they’re easy to find.
- Ceramic tile – Ceramic is an old floor tile that was used by the Romans. It’s still in use today, mainly because it looks good and lasts a long time.
- Porcelain tile – Porcelain is another type of tile that can last up to 50 years. You can get it glazed or unglazed. Either way, it looks great. You’ll get many years of enjoyment from your porcelain tiles.
- Travertine tile – Travertine is incredible. It’s one of the most beautiful natural-looking tiles in the world, and it will last up to 50 years.
- Marble tile – Marble is exquisite. There’s a reason you pay the price, but it’s well worth it in the long run when you realize this long-lasting tile will hold its luster well.
- Glass mosaic tile – This versatile tile can be used on your floors or walls and last a long time no matter where you put it. It makes for a great vanity backsplash, as well.
As an alternative, natural hardwood floors can last up to 50 years too. But if you’re in the mood for tile, any of the above are long-lasting wall or floor tiles that are beautiful and well worth what you’ll pay for them. You simply have to decide whether you want luxury or practicality, and you’ll have to settle on a look – do you want rugged and natural or something more refined?